Thursday, July 3, 2008

Inkspell

by Cornelia Funke
Read June/July 2008

I can't believe that I only read this last year. I decided that I'd better finally read it since Inkdeath would be out soon after. Excellent, of course. I am now getting the plots of Inkheart, Inkspell and Inkdeath confused. I liked the first book the best. That's not to say, however, that I didn't like this one. It continued the story and brought back characters we readers wanted more of.

I tried to listen to this on audiobook after listening to the very excellent Inkheart, narrated by Lynn Redgrave. Brendon Fraser narrated Inkdeath. He was awful. I just can't believe that Cornelia Funke based Silvertongue on him. He plays Silvertongue in the movie. He's one of the worst audiobook readers I've heard and that includes the awful reader of the equally awful Left Behind books.

No comments: