Friday, January 22, 2010

Angels in the ER


by Robert D. Lesslie, MD
Finished January 18, 2010

I picked this book up in the grocery story while waiting for a prescription at the pharmacy window.

I thought that it was going to be a book of supernatural encounters with angels. The chapter that I read in the store involved a rather eerie account.

But, this was about the "ordinary angels" that you'll find in a hospital emergency department. Dr. Lesslie works with some of those angels but also meets some who come in for treatment.

I enjoyed this book. The stories are inspirational and I always like books set in a hospital. I don't know why I find that to be so interesting.

So... while I didn't find any stories that could wow me with miracles, I did find some that really touched me.

No comments: