Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Called Out of Darkness

Called Out of Darkness: A Spiritual Confession
by Anne Rice
Read November 2008

This is a spiritual memoir. Not very much like the "girl meets God" stories that I like so well. But it really is a "girl meets God" story.

Ann Rice was raised in a Catholic family and went to church. She was raised with religion. But she drifted away and almost pushed it away. She became an atheist.
She famously wrote a lot of vampire novels and, not so famously, wrote erotic stories.

But she began to have a conversion. I read this several months ago, so I can't remember what precipitated the conversion. She returned to New Orleans and later returned to her Catholic fatih.

Stories of conversion really fascinate me. I wonder what can turn someone around so completely?

No comments: