Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Name of the Star

by Maureen Johnson
Februrary 5, 2015

The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1)The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Although this book was published in 2011 I had not really noticed it. Finally, several days ago,I noticed the subject tracing in the library's catalog:  Boarding Schools; London; Murder; Ghosts. What? How could this have escaped me all these years.

Rory Deveaux moves with her parents to England from Louisiana and enrolls in London's Wexford boarding school. Around this same time strange murders begin to happen in the area around the school.  The victims have all been murdered in the same manner as the victims of Jack the Ripper.

The book reminded me a little bit of Jonathan Stroud's Lockwood & Co. series. What a fun read. I look forward to the next two: "The Madness Underneath" and "Shadow Cabinet."


View all my reviews

No comments: